Kiss, Crush, Collide by Christina Meredith

Flap Copy from ARC: "The golden girl who as it all. The irresistible boy from the wrong side of the tracks. She wants out. Kiss. He wants her. Crush. They collide."

I enjoy reading YA fiction and expect it to be as smart and interesting in its way as adult fiction. Unfortunately this book was neither smart nor interesting. The characters are 1-dimensional and a little inconceivable - I understand that Leah wants more from her life than what she's been handed on a silver platter, and more from her family and friends than they're capable of giving her, but she is as passive and as boring as a robot. The only thing she manages to accomplish in this last summer of high school is to cheat on her boyfriend, and even that she doesn't handle very well. I just wanted to scream at her, 'do something! say something! grow up!'

I was looking forward to a little romance, a few steamy moments, and some sort of satisfying resolution to the tried-and-true "girl meets boy from the wrong side of the tracks" plot. It could have been cliched, I was expecting that. What I was not expecting was such a flat and boring non-story. I give this book only 1 star, I recommend other readers go looking for teen romance somewhere else.

Comments

Popular Posts